PROJECT ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Type: Summer student job; work-from-home position with some in-person duties
Duration: 8-week contract, July 4 to August 26, 2022 (two positions available)
Hours: 35 hours per week, primarily business hours with some evening and weekend hours
Rate of pay: $15.00 per hour + 4% in lieu of vacation
Reporting to the Rescue Coordinator and working collaboratively with the board of directors, the Project Administration Officer will support the operations of the organization, including but not limited to:
- Community outreach and engagement: assist with volunteer recruitment campaigns, adoption program administration, animal welfare education in the community
- Event planning and coordination: assist in the creation and execution of special events and programs with primary responsibility for planning, logistics, and volunteer supervision
- Marketing and communications: support website maintenance and promotional efforts such as social media, representation at events (virtual and in-person), and collaboration with partners
- Administration: database and record management including Pet Point database entry, intake and adoption tracking, medical records; assist with client, volunteer, adopter, and vet clinic communications; participate in regular organizational planning and review sessions
- Postsecondary student studying in a complementary field such a veterinary technologist/assistant, biology, marketing and communications
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven customer service skills
- Interest in social media and community engagement
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Drive/docs
- Experience with a website content management system considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle considered an asset
- Passion for and/or genuine desire to learn about animal welfare
- Comfort and enjoyment working with and engaging a variety of animals
- Must have personal computer and internet access
- Must be based in Kingston, Ontario
ABOUT KINGSTON ANIMAL RESCUE
Founded in 2010, Kingston Animal Rescue (KAR) is a no-kill animal rescue that rescues and finds forever homes for animals in need. Using a network of foster homes, KAR takes in last-chance animals: animals that are at high risk of euthanasia or those that would otherwise be at risk without intervention. This includes animals at shelters and stray animals. KAR also assists in emergency rescues, including animals removed from neglectful situations.
KAR is a registered charity (83024 4802 RR0001).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter detailing their qualifications by Tuesday May 24, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs program